It's Alive!: Math Like You've Never Known It Before
Product Code: 272
Availability: In Stock
The authors, junior high students and best friends David and Asa, along with best-selling author Marya Washington Tyler, took the kind of gooey, slimy, disgusting science facts that students love and turned them into hilarious math problems. Problems in It's Alive! include:
These and other intriguing problems await your students in this book designed to teach children to translate statements and questions into mathematical equations. All the problems are based on known scientific facts.
- When's the last time you had your students calculate their chances of being eaten by a crocodile?
- The percent of seats at Yankee Stadium that do not have gum stuck to them?
- The number of skin scales they lost in the last 20 minutes?
- The number of flushes it would take to overflow their city's wastewater treatment tank?
- Or how many gigabytes their brain can hold?
This is math. This is real. This is alive! Included is a comprehensive answer key, reproducible blackline masters, and hilarious illustrations. This is math the way it ought to be—tough, fun, and...a little weird. For even more exciting and strange math problems, see the follow-up It's Alive! And Kicking!
You might also be interested in: