Series: Multiage Differentiated Curriculum Kit - Primary
, , ,
Product Code: 2851
Availability: In Stock
Gifts, a book in the Multiage Differentiated Curriculum Kit for Grades 1–3, gives students the opportunity to discover extrinsic and intrinsic gifts available to them in their everyday lives. The books in Prufrock’s new Differentiated Curriculum Kits employ a differentiated, integrated curriculum based on broad themes. This all-in-one curriculum helps teachers save planning time, ensure compliance with national standards, and most importantly, pique their students’ natural excitement and interest in discovery.
By participating in the wide variety of activities in the Multiage Differentiated Curriculum Kit for Grades 1–3, students will discover the gifts around them and gain a lifelong desire to learn. Sentimental, personal, historical, symbolic, endangered, and fragile gifts are explored. Students also will learn the concept of supply and demand when assessing value or worth. The process and science of the preservation of national treasures also is investigated by students. From Egyptian pharaohs to poor farmers, students will find that everyone has gifts to offer.
Gifts, along with the other books in the Multiage Differentiated Curriculum Kit for Grades 1–3 (Discoveries, Faces, Cycles, and Symbols), makes teaching advanced learners easier!
This curriculum unit makes use of the following great children's literature books:
- Tutankhamen's Gift by Robert Sabuda;
- Song and Dance Man by Karen Ackerman;
- Alejandro's Gift by Richard E. Albert;
- This is Our Earth by Laura Lee Benson;
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein;
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams;
- Aunt Claire's Yellow Beehive Hair by Deborah Blumenthal;
- The Pain and the Great One by Judy Blume; and
- The Great Trash Bash by Loreen Leedy.
You might also be interested in: